Take your business to new heights
American Airlines is committed to working with a diverse group of suppliers to provide you with best-in-class products and services. Through our Supplier Diversity Program, we build relationships with small businesses as well as minority, women, LGBTQ, disability, veteran and service-disabled veteran-owned companies that perform to the industry’s highest standards.
A message from our CEO
“American's purpose is to care for people on life's journey, and we take tremendous pride in being an airline that cares for and welcomes team members, customers and suppliers from all backgrounds. Our commitment to creating a more inclusive and diverse supplier base is central to that purpose. We encourage new and established businesses to engage our Supplier Diversity Program, and we look forward to the opportunity to work with them."
- Doug Parker, Chairman and CEO
Supplier diversity process
Corporate Certified Program
To qualify as a diverse supplier in our Corporate Certified Program, your company must be certified by a valid council or government agency every year. To become certified, your company must be at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by one of these groups:
- Minority (Black, Asian American and Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Native American)
- Service-disabled veteran
Small Business Program
To qualify in our Small Business Program, your company must meet the North American Industry Classifications Systems (NAICS) standards for small businesses. This includes being at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by a member of one of these groups:
- Small Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Federal HUBZone (HUBZN) - requires certification by the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Service Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOB)
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
Examples of certifying agencies
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- National LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- Disability:IN Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA) Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines
- Advertising and marketing
- Aircraft amenities and products
- Aircraft catering
- Airport services
- Aircraft food and beverage
- Aircraft maintenance, repair and parts
- Cargo handling services
- Environmental services
- Facilities maintenance
- Fuel and fueling services
- Ground service equipment and maintenance
- HR staffing and professional services
- IT – Hardware, software, SaaS and related
- IT – Cloud infrastructure and hosting
- IT – Staffing and professional services
- Lodging and transportation
- Print services
- Professional services
How to register
If you're interested in doing business with American and meet the qualifications of either of our programs, email us to join our Supplier Diversity Database. When you email us, please include a capabilities statement.
Registration in our database helps our procurement teams identify and engage with small and diverse-owned businesses*.
You can also email our Supplier Diversity team for more information.
*Inclusion in our database does not guarantee your company will be awarded a contract from American.